This hulking bear may look fierce, but has been trained to be a protective and cuddly mount.
Guide to Obtain:
- You need to own a Polaris Bjorne or Fleetpaw Bjorne mount and get it to level 50.
- Once your bear is level 50 you should purchase a Purebred Bear Certificate - Certifies that a bear is purebred and healthy. Deliver to the Rancher on Mirage Isle.
- Get to Mirage Isle through a portal which is found in most towns, check your map for location.
- Take the quest from the Mirage Rancher on Mirage Isle:
- 'Be Prebeared for Anything' - Polaris Bjorne.
- 'Going Bear-zerk' - Fleetpaw Bjorne.
- You can purchase a Purebred Bear Certificate from Auction Houses, or from any Stablehand NPC for 100g .
- You can also purchase a Purebred Bear Certificate from the in-game Marketplace (under General) for 250 Credits.
- Head back to the quest NPC and summon your level 50 Polaris Bjorne, then complete the quest to receive the Ebonfur Bjorne mount.
- Doing this quest will trade in your current level 50 Polaris Bjorne (white bear) or Fleetpaw Bjorne (brown bear) for the Ebonfur Bjorne (black bear). Meaning you will no longer own the bear mount you raised to level 50 as you will be trading it in with the Mount Rancher for a new black bear mount.
- Run (Level 5) - Increases movement speed +50% for 10sec .
- I Am the Bear (Level 10) - Absorbs mount's and riders received magic damage and grants immunity to trip, snare, and impale for 5sec.
- Health regen (Level 15) - Heals pet's health.
- Roll (Level 20) - Roll caster at an enemy for 3sec. knocks back the enemy and decreases its move speed -10% for 3seconds. Can't be used while carrying a tradepack.
- Carry and Run (Level 25) - Instructs the bear to pick up its master and run for 4sec, its master becomes invincible, but the bear receives 2x damage. Can't be triggered if the master is wearing a tradepack.
- This mount can be obtained by all races.
- You can obtain additional armor for your mount (shown on the mount interface screen). Armor can be obtained from stable NPC's. crafting, drops and events.
- Mounts will go straight into your Bag. If you want to free some space up you can place mounts in your Bank, just speak to a Warehouse Manager (Banker) found in all main towns.