Ground/Flying Speed - All mounts have same speed.
Movement - Terrestrial.
Rental mount - 10 minute ride.
Born and bred in the city-state of Ishgard, the majority of company chocobos are geldings of the rouncey variety; however, massive destriers and miniature Belah'dian jennets are also raised to accommodate the builds of Roegadyn and Lalafellin riders respectively.
Renting a Chocobo:
- You can rent a chocobo for 10 minutes, you will find these at a chocobo stable available from the vendor for around 800 gil.
- There are a series of quests that will allow you to join one of the three Grand Companies 'The Maelstrom of Limsa Lominsa', 'The Order of the Twin Adder of Gridania' or 'The Immortal Flames of Ul’dah'. You will get to pick a grand company once you have completed the main story quests, reaching around level 20-25.
- You must choose a company and reach with them Private Third Class rank, the Commander of your chosen company will give you a quest so you can start earning seals for a Chocobo Certificate. You purchase a Chocobo License for around 2,000 company seals from the Quartermaster.
- Now you can own a permanent version of the Chocobo, just take your Chocobo Issuance pass and speak with the stable vendor to receive your mount.
- Personal Chocobo mounts are allowed to be equipped with bardings which are themed armors for decorative and battle purposes.
You can find a list of the Available Chocobo Bardings HERE
Chocobo Battle Pet:
- Using your Chocobo in battle will gain it experience points, use them in all your battles to improve their skills and abilities.
- When your character reaches level 30 your Chocobo mount can be used for aiding you in battles, just travel to the South Shroud and head to Camp Tranquil to pick up the quest 'My Feisty Little Chocobo'.
- Once you have completed the quest you can summon your Chocobo to battle with you anytime, you will need the item 'Gysahl Green' to summon with.
- A vendor that sells 'Gysahl Green' is found in New Girdania, close to the big Aetheryte (north of the crystal).